COWTOWN’S COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
The Cowtown Marathon is committed to the research and implementation of policies and procedures to be a more sustainable event. We are fully certified as a responsible event by the Council for Responsible Sport, which is an independent organization providing guidelines and best practices for events in Planning, Procurement, Resource Management, Accessibility and Community Legacy.
Our focus and initiatives include:
(1) Prevent the creation of waste in the first place, then divert recyclable and organic waste materials from being sent to the landfill.
• Please help us out by sorting waste into the proper bins on race day! If you are not sure look for signage on our trash receptacles for help!
• We are also partnering with Soles4Souls to give a second life to unwanted shoes and clothing. We currently have a donation box at our office location!
(2) Identify and reduce barriers to participation so that anyone can be a part of The Cowtown.
(3) Help build community and promote a healthy lifestyle for our local youth with the C.A.L.F program (Children’s Activities for Life & Fitness) — learn more here (https://cowtownmarathon.org/community-involvement/).
(4) Inform participants about sustainable transit options for race weekend including free hotel shuttles, bike valet, and information on the new TEXRail public transit.
(5) Inform participants on various sustainability options in Fort Worth through partnerships with Keep Fort Worth Beautiful, City of Fort Worth, Cowboy Compost, and Soles4Souls.
HERE ARE SOME WAYS TO HELP US
The Dash runs from the Trinity Metro Central Train station to the Cultural District which includes the Will Rogers Memorial Center. For more information on riding The Dash see https://ridetrinitymetro.org/dashanddiscover/
We need your help with our Zero Waste/Waste Diversion initiatives. All of our garbage areas will have a can to dispose of compostable, recyclable, and trash items. Be mindful when you are throwing away items of where to properly put them. Thanks to the City of Fort Worth, Cowboy Compost, Republic Waste, and Soles4Souls for their help with these initiatives!
The Cowtown is partnering with the City of Fort Worth, Keep Fort Worth Beautiful, Cowboy Compost, and Soles4Souls on its sustainability initiatives. For more information about these organizations see the links below:
City of Fort Worth Waste Management
http://fortworthtexas.gov/solidwaste/compost/ (Residential Composting)
Keep Fort Worth Beautiful
http://fortworthtexas.gov/cowtowncleanup/ (Earth Party)